The “Chapelle des Malades”The “Chapelle des Malades” in Malmedy was consecrated in 1188 and dedicated to Saint Mary Magdalena. In 1544 it was rebuilt and consecrated again in 1554. Its current appearance is owed to a rebuild carried out in 1768. It can be visited throughout the year.
The Virgin Mary decorating the altar goes back to 1742 and was presented after the epidemic of 1741 that, in eight months, caused the death of more than 800 inhabitants of Malmedy.